Mercedes Benz Car Key Blade Case Replacement Specifications
|Made To Replace||Mercedes Benz|
|Case Dimensions||7.4 x 3.8 x 1.6 (cm)|
|Genuine / Aftermarket||Aftermarket|
Mercedes Benz Car Key Blade Case Replacement Compatibility
This Auto Openers AOME-CK08 will replace your old and worn out car key for your Mercedes Benz car. Below are some of the Mercedes Benz car models that we have identified to use this car key. However, please ensure that your car remote and blade look the same as pictured.
- 300 Series 1997 – 2014
- C Class 1997 – 2014 (C230, C250, C280, C300, C350, C400, CLK350, CLK550)
- E Class 1997 – 2014 (E350, E400, E550, E63)
- G Class 1997 – 2014 (GLA250, GL350, GL450, GL550, GL63)
- SL Series 1997 – 2014 (SLK250, SLK280, SLK300, SLK350, SLK35, SLK55, SL400, SL500, SL550, SL63, SL65)
- S Class 1997 – 2014 (S400, S430, S550, S600, S63, S65)
- R Class – 1997 – 2014 (R350, R500)
- M Class 1997 – 2014 (ML250, ML350, ML450H, ML550, ML63)
- Mercedes Sprinter 1997 – 2014
If you are not sure if this will suit, please send us a photo of your car remote so we check for you. Click here for our contact us page.
How Do I Replace My Mercedes Benz Key Buttons?
Replacing the buttons on your Mercedes Benz car remote is very simple and can be done by anyone. You only need a small, flathead screwdriver (or similar tool) and 1 minute.
Please note, there are a number of small pieces to this case that may fall out. We recommend chaging this case in a well-lit location where accidentally dropped pieces can be found easily.
1. On each side of your case are removable metal slides. Please remove these from your old car key. They may be stiff and hard to remove.
2. Slide the switch on the top of the car key to remove the key blade.
3. Insert the flat head screw driver underneath the black key switch and gently remove the black switch. If this step is not done, it will forcefully spring out in the next step
4. On either side of the silver head, you wiull see two metal grooves. Insert your screwdriver into the grooves and gently lever the silver head off the case, making sure to not lose the silver spring and slide.
5. The plastic ‘arrow’ holders either side do not hold the metal head in any way, avoid causing damage to them.
6. You can now insert the screwdriver into the case and lever it open. Again, make sure to watch out for the purple IR cover on the bottom of the car key, as well as the internal battery holders.
7. Transfer the circuit board and transponder from the old key to the new key. You can get your new, included key cut at a local locksmith. Or, if your existing key blade is in good working condition, you may insert that instead.
8. Work in reverse to close the case. Ensure the purple IR cover is in place, as well as the silver slide switch. When the silver head is in the correct orientation, you can insert the black switch on top. If it has been replaced on back to front it would not line up correctly.
9. Test the operation of your new car key!
What Is Not Included?
This Auto Openers AOME-CK08 is a replacement case and blank key blade only.
The AOME-CK08 does not include the car key internals, such as the circuit board or transponder. This listing is not a functioning car key remote.
National Garage Remotes & Openers distributes automotive keys, remotes and casings which are compatible with the vehicles produced by other manufacturers, and which are substitutes for automotive keys, remotes and casings produced by those manufacturers. Except where a product is expressly stated to be a “genuine” product, our products are not produced by, and are not authorised, endorsed or approved by these other manufacturers.