BnD New Type Garage Seal Includes
1m Lengths of B&D New Type Weatherseal
Ordering more than one metre? We provide continuous lengths for multiple quantities.
For instance, ordering five 1m lengths will result in a single 5m piece.
BnD New Type Garage Seal Specifications
|Seal Width||52mm Wide|
|Manufacturer||B&D Doors Australia|
|Years in Use||1996 – Current|
BnD New Type Garage Seal Features & Compatibility
Keep your home safe and comfortable by updating your garage door weather seal. A damaged or old door seal on your garage door can let in unwanted elements and pests like insects and rodents. Replacing your door weather seal is key to saving on energy bills, protecting against water damage and keeping pests out. Although garage seals are durable, due to the extreme Australian conditions they can wear out and need changing. A fresh garage seal not only secures your home from unwanted pests and the weather, but it will also refresh your garage’s appearance without breaking the bank.
The lifespan of your garage door seal varies based on your location and weather. In areas with harsh weather or extreme temperatures, you might need to replace your B&D Weatherseal more frequently, typically every 5-10 years.
Know when to replace your garage seal by looking for these signs:
- Cracks or color changes in the weather seal.
- The seal doesn’t fit snugly, leaving gaps.
- Water seeping in near the garage door.
- The garage door seal crumbles upon touch.
Installing Your New B&D Garage Door Seal
1. Remove the old rubber seal by pulling it through the retainer track.
2. Place your new B&D Weatherseal 1996 – Current into a bucket of warm, soapy water to soften for ten minutes. Whilst waiting, wash the retainer track with a rag to remove any residual grime and dirt, then rinse.
3. Squeeze a small amount of dish soap in the retainer track to lubricate it. Then, feed the weather seal into the track (ridges of the seal facing outward).
4. Trim the excess seal so you have around 10 – 20mm sticking out the side. This allows for the seal to shrink without creating a gap.
Need a hand, or don’t know what you need to buy? Feel free to get in touch on our contact us page!