How Do I Order A Garage Roller Door?
Ordering a garage roller door to be delivered is simple, does not require any specialized skills and can be done by anyone. As added peace of mind, we provide a door measure guide sheet that you fill out during the order process. We then go through each measurement with you over the phone to double-check your measurements and ensure the door will suit your opening! As an overview, the process is as follows:
Step 1. Using our door measure guide sheet, you measure the daylight opening of your garage, factory or shed.
Step 2. You then place the order on our website for the door size you need. You can also call our team if you wish to place the order over the phone.
Step 3. We confirm with you the door size, door colour, delivery location and timeframe for the door to arrive.
Step 4. The door is delivered to you via crane truck by a specialized team of carriers, who are trained in the safe handling requirements of roller doors.
Measuring and Ordering Your Shed or Garage Roller Door
When measuring your shed or roller door, there are a few key terms to cover:
- Daylight Opening – This is the hole in your wall the garage door will cover and protect. A garage roller door is typically installed on the inside of your opening, within the garage or shed itself.
- Sideroom – This is the space between the edge of your opening, and the garage or shed wall.
- Headroom – This is the space between the edge of your opening and the ceiling (or roof).
Step 1. Measure the width of your opening. In this example, our opening will be 2400mm, or 2.4m wide. If your opening is under 3430mm wide, add another 50mm to the width. This is so your garage door has enough room to install into the side room.
Step 2. Measure the height of the opening. In this example, our opening is a standard 2200mm, or 2.2m high. For a standard 2200mm high opening, you need at least 440mm of headroom. You will require more headroom for higher roller doors. We list all headroom requirements on our door measure guide sheet.
Step 3. Once you have your garage door width, select the door width bracket you fall into. For example, if your opening is 2400mm wide, you would select the 1851-2550 width selection as you would need a 2450mm wide door.
Step 4. A member of our door team will give you a quick 5-minute call to double-check and confirm your measurements. This helps ensure you get a door that will suit your opening and fit without your size constraints! Once confirmed, we’ll get your door on the manufacturing floor as soon as possible.
Custom-Made Garage Roll Doors
- Track stops ensuring the door remains in the tracks
- Smooth-edged door handle for manual doors
- Locking bars for added security on manual doors
- Optional automation available for automatic door operation
- Compatible with the TauraEdge® safety guide system for added safety
- Low maintenance, no grease required
- Smooth and quiet using quality nylon braided edging
- Moulded nylon drum wheels ensure quiet operation
- Nylon bottom rail plug assists with smooth operation
- Galvanised brackets and tracks for corrosion protection
- Springing system designed for more than 25,000 cycles (12 years of average use)
- Quality BlueScope Colorbond® curtain steel
- The widest range of springs is used to provide superbly balanced doors
- Flexible sealing strip attached to the bottom rail for prevention of leaves and rain entering the garage
- Optional floor seal available to help prevent rodents and water from entering the garage