Holden Car Key Case Replacement Specifications
|Made To Replace||Holden|
|Case Dimensions||7.2 x 3.7 x 2.1 (cm)|
|Genuine / Aftermarket||Aftermarket|
Holden Car Key Case Replacement Compatibility
This Auto Openers AOHO-CK22 will replace your old and worn out Holden or Chevrolet car key case and shell. Below are some of the Holden car models that use this car remote. This new key case is more durable than the original, with a modern metal trim around the car key shell and buttons.
Holden Car Key Models
- Barina (TM) 2011 – 2014
- Cruze (JG) 2009 – 2010
- Cruze (JH) 2010 – 2014
- Trax 2013 – 2014
- Holden VF Commodore
Chevrolet Car Key Models
- Camaro 2010 – 2013
- Cruze 2011 – 2013
- Equinox 2010 – 2013
- Malibu 2013
- Spark 2013
- Sonic 2012-2012
- Volt 2011-2013
If you are not sure if this will suit, please send us a photo of your car remote so we check for you. Click here for our contact us page.
How Do I Replace My Holden Key Case?
Replacing the buttons on your Holden car key remote is very simple and can be done by anyone. You only need a small, flathead screwdriver (or similar tool) and 1 minute.
1. Press the button to open the key blade on your old car key, which will reveal a small hole in the side of the car key case.’
2. Insert a screwdriver into that hole and pry open the case, but be careful! There will be a spring that is under some tension and can fall out.
3. Remove the internal circuit board and key blade. Please check your circuit board to ensure that the transponder is present on the circuit board. This is a small, rectangual chip present on the pointed part of the circuit board. If it is not present, check the top right portion of the keycase. It will need to be moved over.
4. Insert the circuit board, transponder and transponder cover into the new car key case.
Click and screw together the new case, then test to ensure that everything is working fine.
Please note, sometimes the original key blade does not suit our replacement case. If this occurs, you will need to have the key cut by an automotive technician or locksmith.
If you are reasonably handy, we do have some steps below submitted by a client on how to adjust your new repalcement car key case.
1. Take a 0.8 mm pin punch and use it to remove the pin from both the new and old car key blades. Keep the pins.
2. Note that the pin is inserted into a slot in the blade, which is slightly misaligned in the old blade compared to where it should be in the new one.
3. Use a needle file to carefully elongate the slot in the correct direction, checking the alignment with the old blade in the new swivel fixture until you can see through the pin hole.
4. Once the slot is elongated correctly, use the original blade in the new swivel assembly to drive the pin back in, and then reassemble the key.
What Is Not Included?
This Auto Openers AOHO-CK22 is a replacement case only. This product will include a key case shell, blank key blade and rubber buttons.
The AOHO-CK22 does not include the car key internals, such as the circuit board or transponder. This product is not a functioning car key remote.
National Garage Remotes & Openers distributes automotive keys, remotes and casings which are compatible with the vehicles produced by other manufacturers, and which are substitutes for automotive keys, remotes and casings produced by those manufacturers. Except where a product is expressly stated to be a “genuine” product, our products are not produced by, and are not authorised, endorsed or approved by these other manufacturers.